Last year my Saver’s Switch article, “I Call Them Peak Day Partners” was well received. From outlining the number of peak days Saver’s Switch may possibly operate and how long it operates during those times to talking comfort and what it means to be a ”˜Peak Day Partner’, a number of questions and concerns were addressed.
Well this year, in the spirit of kicking fresh knowledge (that’s how I roll), I’d like to take a different approach to help highlight the Saver’s Switch program. And although I maintain my view that it is a partnership you make with your community, there are some facts and features I’d like to add to this year.
But I don’t want to bore you with a list. So I decided I would inform and entertain with an absurd, but accurate list.
Five Ways Saver’s Switch is Better than My Dog, Buddy (Buddy is my mutt, who picked me out of a litter 14 years ago.)
1) Doesn’t Shed. The only thing Saver’s Switch sheds is stress on the power grid during peak demand days in the summer. Buddy sheds hair and has never once offered to sweep.
2) Requires No Attention. Once the Saver’s Switch is installed it needs no attention. It powers off and on automatically for 15-to-20 minute intervals during peak demand days in the summer. On the other, Buddy has no opposable thumbs, therefore I have to feed the dude daily.
3) Needs No Love or Affection. Saver’s Switch requires no maintenance on your part. From baths and grooming to petting and walking, Buddy requires constant maintenance of the “love-and-affection” type.
4) No Waste. Saver’s Switch prevents the unnecessary waste of energy. As far as waste goes, well, with Buddy it’s pretty obvious who holds the bag on this one.
5) It Pays You. Although I’ve often imagined Buddy would make an enthusiastic Walmart greeter, he can’t. He’s a dog. But Saver’s Switch is different. When you sign up for Saver’s Switch you save 15% on your June through September electric energy charges each year you participate.
I could go on and on, but you get the point. I love Buddy. The dude has the whole “man’s best friend” thing down pat. But as much as I love my handsome hound, I love what Saver’s Switch is all about too. But please, don’t take my word for, explore what it has to offer you. For details or to sign up today, click here.
By Connector, William Draper.
Join us in #XElab – The dog days of summer are here and we want to see how your furry friend chills out. Submit a photo of your pet in #XElab for the chance to win $250 toward energy-efficiency upgrades to your home!